How can you make your friends day whose birthday is fast approaching? Do they really dig chocolate? That’s right, it’s time for HI-FI chocolate cake. Chocolate back in the day was very expensive and only for high society to consume. And I am so glad that nowadays we can enjoy our chocolate anytime and anywhere.
Here’s the deal, this should be delivered precut to any party as dividing it evenly into 32 pieces will give 12.5mg of THC per slice, which is a reasonable dose for someone who likes edibles. However, it is important not to give much higher dosage as not everyone will be as experienced. Usually, 5-10mg is a good beginning dosage. Make sure to label it well as no one will be able to tell by just looking at this chocoholics dream cake that it has any THC in it. Remember to give up to 2 hours before having more as you’ll want to allow time for the cannabis to kick in.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Chocolate Buttercream frosting (Recipe below)
- 2 Dark chocolate HI-FI Bars, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350º F then prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring the pans.
For the cake:
- First, add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Then, whisk through to combine or using your paddle attachment, and stir through flour mixture until combined well.
- After that, add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Add HI-FI Bar pieces to mixture at this point. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to air the batter.
- Then distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- After that, remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes
- Finally, frost the top of the bottom cake with Chocolate Buttercream add second cake to top then frost it and completely.
Homemade Chocolate Buttercream recipe
- 1½ cups butter (3 sticks), softened
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 cups confectioner’s sugar, divided
- ½ cup milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder
- First, add cocoa powder to a large bowl or bowl of stand mixer then whisk through to remove any lumps.
- Cream together butter and cocoa powder until well-combined.
- Next, add 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar and 1 teaspoon of milk to cocoa mixture. After each addition has been combined, turn mixer onto a high speed for about a minute then repeat until all sugar and milk have been added.
- Add vanilla extract and espresso powder and combine well.
- If frosting appears too dry, add more milk, a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency. However, if it appears too wet and does not hold its form, just add more confectioner’s sugar, specifically a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency.
I agree this is so luscious, decadent, and rich that it’s hard to resist. So this is for you chocoholics, loving family members, and friends that are reading this a plotting our next annual celebration. This cake is a great party center piece whether it’s a birthday or just a Tuesday gathering for a mellow game night. Elevate your party experience with HI-FI Chocolates.